1. All vehicles must have a minimum of a 4-post roll cage with at least 3 bars at the driver’s door and a welded or bolted steel plate of 1/8” x 18” x 30” at the driver’s door. May not weld cages directly to the floors, plates or tube must be attached to the rocker area for cages to set on !safety safety safety
2. A full 5-point restraint system is required and good shape.
3. Window nets must be always used during participation and in good shape.
4. Neck collars or HANS type devices are required for all participants and in good shape.
5. A minimum 2 1/2” lb. fire extinguisher is required to be securely mounted within the driver’s reach.
6. Raceceiver type communication devices required for all classes.
1. Front wheel drive cars only. No convertible or 2 seat coupe vehicles are permitted.
2. All Bodies must be completely stock.
3. Front and rear firewalls must remain stock. Patch holes in firewall or floorboards must be patched with sheet metal or aluminum.
4. Inner body panels must remain intact except to add clearance for the roll cage.
5. Four door vehicles may remove the door/window posts between the two doors. (B pillar)
6. All doors must be welded or bolted shut. Chains are not permitted.
7. No boxing in of the interior except dash to cover wiring
8. Any non-factory hole (rust) in any exterior body panel must be covered with a patch. Sheet metal or aluminum patches are permissible.
9. Overlaying of factory body panels is permissible for cosmetic appearances. Materials must be sheet metal or replaced with new OEM metal.
10. Hood and trunk must be operable and held down with 2 quick release hood type pins provided the factory hinges are in place. If factory hinges are removed 4 quick release hood type pins must be used. All factory hood, trunk, and hatch latches must be removed.
11. Factory style, unaltered, rear spoilers are allowed. Official has right to reject any that are too tall. All body exterior panels must be on to participate ie. Hood and trunk lids
12. Nerf bars must be no larger than 1” in diameter and smoothly capped. A minimum of 4 smooth head bolts must be used for securement. Carriage or equivalent bolts recommended.
13. Homemade steel bumpers may be used to replace damaged factory plastic bumpers. Steel homemade bumpers must be no larger than 4” tall and no thicker than 1/8” wall.
14. All mirrors, headlights, taillights, marker lights, antennas, hitches and loose exterior trim or aftermarket accessories must be removed.
15. All interior carpet, upholstery, trim, door panels, headliners, mirrors, dash pads or any other flammable material must be removed. This includes hood insulation and any carpet or liners in the trunk
16. All Exterior glass except for the windshield must be removed. Sunroofs must be covered with a one-piece sheet metal patch that must be welded, bolted or riveted in place. Full Lexan windshields are highly recommended.
17. Fuel tanks may be factory stock mounted in the stock location with stock mounting methods only or a racing fuel cell may be used providing it is blocked off from the cockpit by an aluminum or sheet metal barrier. ( Fuel cell must be located behind the strut towers and easily accessible by tech and track safety team )
18. All loose rust flakes or glass must be removed from both the interior and exterior of the vehicle.
19.Aluminum racing seats are mandatory.
CHASSIS, SUSPENSION, AND STEERING:
1. Chassis must remain factory stock and be complete. A piece of 1 3/4” .090. thickness tubing may be added between the frame horns to add a solid attachment point for your hook up.
2. A minimum 4-point roll cage must be installed. Minimum tubing size is 1 1/2” diameter with a minimum thickness of .095”. Tube or plate steel mounting points along the rocker areas are required in the interest of safety. No welding cage to the floor. 1 1/2” maximum rear bars from the top of the cage angling downward are permitted and may have an X bar between them. 1 1/2” minimum diameter front bars and hoops are also permitted for safety and strength purposes. Strut supports are ok.
3. Steering must remain stock and in the stock location from the steering knuckle down. An aftermarket steering shaft from the knuckle up and quick release steering wheel hubs are permitted
4. All suspension components must remain stock and mounted in the stock location front to rear and side to side.
5. Unlimited camber may be added to the right front wheel. NO OTHER WHEEL MAY BE CAMBERED, REAR STEER IS PROHIBITED
6.Alterations of any kind to strut springs is prohibited. No cutting, stretching or heating of any springs. No aftermarket lowering struts, springs, or spindles permitted. Struts may be removed at any time for inspection. All vehicles must move freely up and down as it was intended from the factory. SPRING RUBBERS OR ANY BUMP STOP DEVICES ARE PROHIBITED.
7.Locked front axles are prohibited. All cars will be checked by jacking one front wheel up and testing for free spin with the other front wheel on the ground.
8. Brakes must be stock unaltered, all 4 brakes must work.
ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, AND ECM:
1. Factory stock 4- or 6-cylinder (3.5 liter) engines standard for the make and model of the vehicle are required. V6 must be automatic. No VTEC, no SRT ignitions, No Boxer engines. (IE Subaru) turbos, super chargers prohibited!
2. Stock ECM computers are mandatory. No chips or altering of any kind is permitted. Vehicles will have a working neutral safety rev limiter factory set to the specs of the vehicle a REV test will be conducted all Hornets (ie. Holding accelerator to bang off rev limiter in neutral) vehicle that do not have a low end rev MAY be moved to outlaws. Vehicles suspected of altered ECM’s will have ECM checked and if found to be altered will be disqualified and will forfeit all points and in addition to that days earnings for the event including pit pass money.
3. Fuel delivery system must be factory stock for the engine. No super chargers or turbo vehicles are permitted.
4. Anti-freeze must be removed from all vehicles.
5. Stock transmissions for the make and model are required. No altering of transmissions or clutches are permitted. All gears must work.
6. Exhaust must be stock and exit behind the driver’s seat. Maximum of 2 1/2” O.D. exhaust pipe is mandatory. Catalytic convertors may be removed. EXHAUST MANIFOLDS MUST BE STOCK TO MAKE MODEL AND YEAR OF CAR! ABSOLUTELY NO RACING HEADERS
7. Wiring harness maybe simplified however the OBD 2 plug must work.(OBD1 Ford connecter etc. Included)
8. Vehicle must start with either the factory key or a simple push button/toggle switch.
9. Batteries must be mounted securely behind driver in approved battery boxes.
CLASS BREAKOUT RULES:
1. The established breakout time for the 2023 Hornet class is: TBD seconds per lap in addition to the general breakout rules stated below.
2. If a driver and or car violates the breakout rule during the season, and doesn't pass a post violation inspection, then both are exempt from the class for the rest of the season.
TIRES AND WHEELS:
1. Single Ply sidewall DOT radial tires only.
2. Z rated, bias ply, trailer, recap, triple tread or high-performance tires are strictly prohibited!
3. Front Tire sizes must match. Rear tire sizes must match.
4. Tire sizes must be 50,60,65,70,75 or 80 series radial tire 165-215 mm with a minimum tread wear rating of 300. All sizes and rating must be clearly visible on the outside of the tire and painted white.
5. Stock wheels for year make and model are mandatory on the left side when using a 3” backspace safety wheel on the right side with a maximum width of 7”. 4” safety wheels may be used on all 4 tires as an alternative to using 2 3” safety wheels.
6. All inside and outside wheels weights must be removed.
ALL RULES INTERPRETATIONS AND RULINGS ARE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE TECHNICAL DIRECTOR AND ARE FINAL! CARS MUST CONFORM TO THE RULES AND BE LEGAL FOR EVERY EVENT! THERE WILL NO LONGER BE ANY 1 WEEK GRACE PERIODS!